The first premise:
There are approximately 5 main types of ‘players’ in the debate, categorized below in a very loose and simplistic fashion:
1. Radical Carnivore / Omnivore
– potentially still needing denser protein foods for optimal sustenance (because of: generations-old DNA programming, belief-structures, or/and toxins lodged in the body, appealing to(/increasing the craving for) a denser-vibrational spectrum of foods);
– some are believing that no substitutes can ever replace the meat’s taste and texture they are so in love or/and accustomed with;
– some are fearing that their lifestyle is under threat by radical vegans and veganism (who might one day take over the World) – can be seen on online forums and groups, militaristically and desperately defending their lifestyle choices, by using mostly unscientific facts, unfounded theories, or just by trolling.
2. Moderate Omnivore, moderate Carnivore
– many are open to someday becoming a type 3 or type 4;
– usually, not very engaged in online debates;
3. Reducetarian/Transitarian, Vegetarian or Pesco-Vegetarian
– usually having the most conciliatory and tolerant view about both sides of the debate;
– less likely to fancy themselves being a type 5;
4. Moderate Vegan
– quite close to type 5, but much more tolerant and less verbose;
5. Radical Vegan warrior
– many of them are carry the belief that, the meat eaters are some vicious monsters killing the planet, torturing animals and suiciding themselves at the same time, by eating foods that are unfit for human consumption;
– most times very self-driven and verbose about promoting the cause.
With the advent of more and more sometimes quite heated debates regarding the topic of this article, and also because, so far, in any of those debates, I haven’t seen properly expressed and put together into clear perspective the points I am about to make, and also the idea that, negatively-judgmental blaming and the pointing of fingers (quite very popular in the vegan ‘camp’ those days), is certainly not the most ideal conduit or solution – and thus, all those ideas together, intensely stimulated me to create this material, with the aim to help bring balance and understanding into this very ‘trendy’ debate, and also bring forth some aspects that are still unacknowledged by most of the population and put them into proper perspective, aspects that can help all sides fully reconcile and harmoniously settle this debate possibly once and for all.